All I know is that we have people (sometimes strangers that know Colt but not us) tell us what a great kid he is. We are so thankful for those words of praise for him and it reassures us that maybe he did hear a few things that we've tried to pass along over the years!
For fun, I thought I'd post them here. His College football number is 85. Guess I better get started on his college words of wisdom now!!
1. Never say something you can't take back
2. Remember you have 3 siblings that look up to you
3. Know you will make mistakes. Pray that you learn from them and grow in the process.
4. Don't ever make a split second decision that will change your life forever.
5. Don't be afraid to have fun!
6. Always open the door for your girlfriend, wife, etc.
7. Learn to cook at least one good thing ;)
8. Be the type of person you were made to be.
9. Work hard.. Play hard (but work first) ;)
10. Look people in the eye when you speak.
11. Have confidence in all that you do, and do it for the glory of God.
12. Invite God into your day, daily.
13. Learn to manage your time wisely. You can't get it back.
14. Don't get too busy doing life, that you forget to live and enjoy it.
15. Visit your mother ;)
16. Learn to say no and not feel guilty about it.
17. Be Slow to anger -- quick to forgive.
18. Learn to give grace - you will need it someday too!
19. It's ok to be a leader that leads from behind.
20. Everybody makes mistakes (see 18 above)
21. Learn to say I'm sorry and really mean it.
22. Learn to forgive and not hold grudges. Unforgiveness will make you a bitter person.
23. Understand that good intended people will hurt you (see 22 above)
24. Take time to enjoy a sunrise and say a prayer before you start your day.
25. Take time to enjoy a sunset knowing that you gave your best to the day.
26. Stand up for those who can't do it themselves. Defend the defenseless.
27. Make each day count -- make an effort. You will never get today back.
28. It’s better to GIVE than to receive.
29. Encourage others and help them get ahead.
30. Never take anything for granted!
31. Never forget that we love you… no matter what.