Sunday, October 9, 2011

Coincidence

I don't believe in coincidences. A few weeks ago I posted this :
We don’t yet see things clearly. We’re squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!
Can I just say that I can already see the weather clearing. Don't get me wrong, I know we still have a long haul ahead of us (average time to bring E home is 4 - 8 months), but I can already see part of God's plan unfolding. Some things I can't share yet until we pass court, but there are a few "non-coincidences" I can tell you about.

Non-coincidence #1: we applied and were officially accepted with CWA on 11/09/09; we received our referral on 09/09/11. Hmmm...those numbers look familiar. Wow it's our acceptance date in reverse.

Non-Coincidence #2:  This is a funny one -- sort of.  You know how we have the "Alphabet" Family??  Angie, Brad, Colton, Dylan . . . then we planned on E, and then we had Faith.  After we had Faith, we thought that E would be out of age-order... since we just assumed she would be younger than Faith.  Again, in non-coincidental style, E fits right into our silly alphabet name game.  She is 7 months older than Faith, so her E name is right in sync! 

Non-coincidence #3:  I think I posted before that we were hoping to have our referral by 9/11 (and we did!!).  Why 9/11?  Well, first of all, it was the Ethiopian New Year.  Secondly, it was the day we had Faithlynn dedicated at church, and thirdly, 9/11 is a special day in America, as well as in our household.  On 9/11/01 my husband got up for work, reminded me of an off-site meeting he had that day, kissed me and the boys goodbye, and headed off to work.  Once he arrived at work, he and a few other co-workers were preparing for the high-level briefing 'downtown.'  There were so many of them going that the had to take 2 government vans. They headed to the parking garage to pick up the vans.  As they were checking in, there was a problem with the paperwork.  They waited, and waited, shuffled paper around and still waited.  It was getting late.  Finally, one van was cleared to go and those guys quickly pulled out.  The second van (the one Brad was going in) was still having paperwork problems.  By this time, they were sure they would miss their meeting.  DC traffic is not always so kind!  As they were waiting for their van, they got the news of the Twin Towers.... as they continued to wait, they got the news of the Pentagon being hit.  Guess where Brad's meeting was???  The Pentagon .  Do you think it was a coincidence that there was paperwork problems that day?  I think not

Non-coincidence #3: the day we had our pregnancy with baby Faith confirmed was the same day baby E was born! Only God could have orchestrated that so beautifully.  I remember that day so vividly. We were so surprised and happy to see a little peanut squirming and dancing around on the ultrasound, but I also remember feeling overwhelming sad too..because I felt like I was letting down a little girl in Ethiopia who was waiting for us.  I had a really hard time with that.  It was a bittersweet day for us, but now that I see the plan, I can see God's perfect timing at work. As Faith was growing in my tummy, E was growing in our hearts.  (that's one reason we would have NEVER considered discontinuation of the adoption). 

There are a few other things about E's adoption that are remarkable (not coincidence), but we can't reveal them yet until we pass court.  It's just amazing to see the path so clearly marked, now that we have a few things to look back on.  Although we don't always see it at the time, God's plan is always perfect and never a day off.

We cannot wait to see what He reveals next.

No comments:

Post a Comment