Nope, notta, nuttin -- That's the official word from our Agency -- the remaining lab test and corresponding report are not yet completed for Baby E. Total bummer. We had thought 'for sure' that it would be done this past week. But, in adoption world, 'for sure' is never a 'for sure' thing. Her one test result needs to come in before the doctor can write the final report. As we continue to wait, I am trying to keep my mind from going into 'panic' mode. It's hard.
Sadly, we have already surrendered the idea of traveling this year. I'm not saying God cannot perform a miracle here... but the reality is, it will most likely be January if not February, until we travel for the FIRST TIME. (and that's if the rest of the medicals come in next week). That does not sit well in my heart, but there is not a whole lot I can do about it except trust that this is the path and the plan for Baby E. Not traveling this year equates to no adoption tax credit for us. Double-bummer.
The second medical delays continue to push all of our court-travel-embassy date projections further into the future. I keep figuring and re-figuring weeks, dates, times, etc. that we MIGHT go. I need to stop. It's driving me crazy. I just need to TRUST, but to be honest with you, it's really hard. Being a mom of 3 kids at home and trying to figure out when we might go, or not go, trying to plan things for 2 or 3 months out.. not knowing... is really hard. I know this is part of my 'control' thing, so I am continuing to learn and receive grace in this area.
But, I'm still happy and praising God that the PCR reagent came in 4 weeks, instead of 8 weeks. After all, we could still be waiting for it come in and medicals could have not been started yet. Luckily, we are not there.. all of her medicals are done.. we just need ONE test result and ONE doctor's report... AND, we need good internet connections so that they can be sent to our agency and then onto us for approval. I'm also grateful that our Agency and the Orphanage is keeping us posted on what is going on -- even if it's not the best of news.
Still praying for good news this week! Will you join us?